The Danish Chamber of Commerce China (DCCC) has from 2022 merged into one All-China DCCC! The three chambers – now Chapters - of North, East and South have united to become one chamber. The SG reports to the Chairman of the All-China Board of Directors for the DCCC.
The role leads a team of 4 highly dedicated and motivated full time DCCC employees, and is based in either Beijing or Shanghai, and overall responsible for:
· Delivering high quality, innovative and tangible, value-adding services to our 170+ Members and Associates. Membership growth is expected.
· Defining and maintaining a clear value proposition for all stakeholders in China and Denmark.
· Together with team, prepare documentation for Board Meetings, AGM and Task Force Meetings.
· Establishing systems and procedures to further optimize the workflow of the three chapters, thereby coordinating cooperation between the All-China DCCC Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of 3 members from each chapter (total 9 on the All-China Board). Each chapter has 12 board members, totaling 36 board members.
· Developing a strategy for attracting new members and associates to the DCCC.
· Finances of the Chamber, including budgeting and review with Board Treasurer and the three Chapters.
· You will be DCCC´s board member on the board of EU SME Centre. Here you will help develop and strengthen the EU SME Centre in China www.eusmecentre.org.cn. Your job will be to oversee the work packages allocated to the DCCC and manage a small team of EU funded employees.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate, who is passionate about delivering well-planned quality events, and thrives on interacting with Danish companies and stakeholders in China.
· You are passionate about working with - and representing Danish companies in China and wish to creat value to our members and associates through events, networking, and training and in cooperation with companies and authorities.
Ideally, you have a minimum of 5 years’ work experience – for example from Commercial or operational roles, where you have experience in stakeholder management and leading a team of people.
· Experience in formulating and executing on strategy with multiple stakeholders, is preferred.
· Great networker, socially intelligent and like engaging with people at all levels and from all industries.
· Pro-active self-starter, who leads projects through to the end and beyond.
· Organized, service-minded, outgoing and have an eye for details.
· You thrive working in a small organization, where you have independence and flexible working hours.
· You are fluent in English and ideally also master Chinese.
· University degree at Bachelor or Master level.
· You want to live and work in Beijing or Shanghai & ideally you are familiar with both Danish & Chinese culture.
For more information on the structure and roles of the chapter boards as well as our activities, please go to: dccc.com.cn and www.linkedin.com/company/danish-chamber-of-commerce-china.
To manage the recruitment process for the SG role, DCCC has engaged “Access People Executive Search & Recruitment.” For more information and to apply for the role, please send email with updated CV to EJ van Hurne at EJ@access-people.com and Jens Purup Krog at Jens@access-people.com
We will be conducting rolling interviews with candidates as they apply however please note that last application date is close of business 25 February 2022.