DCCC General Manager
Duration: 24 months
Start date: Negotiable
DCCC offers you a unique opportunity to accelerate your career. The position as General Manager of the Danish Chamber of Commerce in Northern China is a multifaceted role and a great opportunity to develop and augment skills and competences within leadership/management, sales, and business development in a truly international environment. As the GeneralManager of DCCC, you will be the face of the Chamber for all activities and events, giving you access to an extensive networking platform among business leaders of Danish companies in China.
A new and exciting role as General Manager of the DCCC is working with the EUSME Center in Beijing and being responsible for implementing projects for the EUSME members: from July 2020, the DCCC will be responsible for planning and implementing a number of European projects for EUSME members. This area of responsibility will continue until December 2021 and offers a unique opportunity to successfully plan and deliver business-relevant activities and communication for EUSME members as well as getting access to an international networking platform of business leaders of European companies in China.
Together with the Board of DCCC North, your key responsibility as General Manager is to deliver value-adding services to our members. We are looking for a talent who is passionate about delivering well-planned quality events and thrive interacting with Danish companies in China. You will be leading the DCCC Beijing office and a small team of DCCC employees and interns. For more information on the structure and position of the board, please go to http://beijing.dccc.com.cn/
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Grow& Develop Relationships with Our Clients, Future Clients, and Stakeholders
Our members: Handling daily communication with DCCC members and stakeholders and ensuring feedback from our members to keep developing and refining DCCC’s value proposition. Continuing and developing communication with external partners in the Danish community such as the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing, the Sino-Danish University Center, and The Danish Cultural Center.
Other relationships: Spearheading the development of other DCCC networks relevant to the Danish community and businesses.
- Planning& Implementation of Activities for Our Members, Partners, and Stakeholders
Events: At DCCC, we host approximately 50 events during the year; planning, implementing, and following up on business and social events relevant to our members is a key role in the job as General Manager. The success criteria for the events are agreed on with the Board.
Reports: DCCC develops and publishes a number of reports throughout the year, including the DCCC Work Group report, published every year in Spring. The purpose of the DCCC Work Group report is to highlight opportunities and challenges facing Danish companies in China.
- Sales, Marketing and Business Development
Members and partners - recruitment and development: As the General Manager, you are responsible for preparing and executing DCCC’s services that are aligned with the Interests of, both existing and new members and partners. This key role of the job includes all elements of sales, from the planning of sales calls to meetings and follow up activities. We encourage you to onboard new members to the chamber.
Marketing: Part of the development of our members and partners, is marketing; you are responsible for promoting DCCC activities to DCCC members and partners, existing and future ones; our marketing activities are driven on different social media platforms, via email and the DCCC website. A natural part of this responsibility is to evaluate DCCC’s ability to effectively reach members as well as developing effective tools for doing so.
Business development: Together with the DCCC Office and theBoard, you drive the development of new business areas to ensure that DCCC remains value-adding, relevant, and beneficial to our members and partners.
You are overall responsible for the financial performance of the DCCC North. In close collaboration with the Office Manager, you develop an annual budget and a half-yearly budget review, to be approved by the Treasurer and submitted to the Board for approval. You conduct activities in line with the spirit of getting the most value out of our membership fees. While the Office Manager will be responsible for daily tracking of incomes and financial performance, we expect you to engage in strategic dialogue with the treasurer and Office Manager on a monthly basis to make sure that the annual budget is being met.
· You are passionate about working with and representing Danish companies and organizations in China and wish to create value for our members through events, networking, and training in cooperation with companies and authorities.
· Ideally, you have a minimum of two years’ work experience – from sales, marketing, hospitality, business development, or a similar function. Talented individuals who have just graduated will also be considered.
· You are a great networker and love engaging with people at all levels and from all industries. Ideally, you have some experience in communicating with higher-level executives.
· You know and excel in project management. You are great at starting up projects and tasks and equally good at finishing things successfully.
· You are proactive, self-driven, organized, service-minded, outgoing, and have an eye for details.
· You thrive working in a small organization where you have independence and flexible working hours.
· You are fluent in Danish, and your English proficiency is business level – both speaking and writing. Ideally, you speak and understand some Chinese.
· You have a MA or BA degree in a relevant study.
· You want to live and work in Beijing, China, ideally you are familiar with Chinese culture
· According to the regulations on foreign NGOs operating in China, you must be a foreign national.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary & benefits packages will be presented during the hiring process, including holidays and annual leave. As a part of your development in the job as General Manager for the DCCC, we offer you a mentorship program with the Board to further develop your strategic, leadership, and business competences.
For more information on the position as General Manager of the DCCC, please contact Office Manager Chloe Song at firstname.lastname@example.org