[Job position] We are looking for a new General Manager
General Manager Position at the Danish Chamber of Commerce China - Beijing
The Board of Directors of the Danish Chamber of Commerce in China (DCCC) North China Chapter, is looking for a new General Manager to take over the position in DCCC Beijing from March 2020.
Together with the Board of DCCC North, the General Manager’s key responsibility is delivering valueadding services to our members. You must be passionate about planning and executing quality events and must thrive being in dialogue with Danish companies in China. You will be leading the DCCC Beijing office, including a small team of DCCC employees and interns. The structure and composition of the board can be found at http://beijing.dccc.com.cn/
Tasks (non-exhaustive list)
Members: You will handle daily communication with DCCC members and stakeholders, hereunder ensuring that feedback is obtained from members and analyzed, to continuously develop DCCC’s value proposition. In addition, you will also be responsible for communication with external partners in the Danish community such as the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing, the Sino-Danish University Center and The Danish Cultural Center.
Events: You will plan and execute business and social events relevant to our members. Specific targets and requirements will be agreed to with the Board. DCCC hosts approximately 50 events per year.
Membership and partner recruitment and development: You will be responsible for preparing and executing plans to ensure DCCC’s services are aligned with the interests of the segments/groups of members/partners (both existing and new). You will also be responsible for planning and executing sales calls and visits. You will be encouraged to onboard new members to the chamber. This is a key role of the job.
Marketing: You will be the primary responsible person for promoting DCCC activities to DCCC members and potential members on different platform such as via email, WeChat, LinkedIn and webpage. Tasks include reviewing DCCC’s ability to effectively reach members and develop effective tools for doing so.
Business development: Together with the secretariat and the board, you drive the development of new areas to ensure that DCCC remains value adding, relevant and beneficial to our members and partners.
Financials: You are overall responsible for the financial performance of the DCCC North, which includes developing the annual budget to be approved by the Board, tracking incomes and expenses to ensure the annual budget is met, monthly updates to the board, compliance with local rules and regulations, and other related tasks.
Reports: The DCCC develops and publishes a number of reports over the year, including the DCCC Work Group report, which is published in the Spring of 2020. This report servers the purpose of highlighting the opportunities and challenges facing Danish companies in China.
Other networks: You lead the development of other DCCC networks relevant for the Danish community and businesses.
The secretariat opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 09.00 to 17.00 – and closed for 4 weeks over the summer, during Chinese national holidays, and two weeks around Christmas. During this time there will under normal circumstances not be held any events, however, there will be chamber related tasks to attend to and it will be up to you as leader of the secretariat to plan the work of the chamber during this period.
The position entails 25 days paid leave, which shall to the greatest extent possible, be held during the aforementioned periods. The position as General Manager is a full-time position. As a major part of the position is focused on event management, you will have to responsibly coordinate your own work calendar in order to best meet the different tasks involved. This may include working outside of office hours for which there is no additional overtime emolument.
• You are proactive, self-driven, organized, service-minded, outgoing with an eye for details and passionate about working with and representing Danish companies and organizations in China.
• You are passionate about creating value for Danish companies in China by setting up events, networks, and training sessions in dialogue with companies and authorities.
• Ideally, you have a minimum of two years’ work experience – this could be from sales, marketing, hospitality, business development or similar functions. Talented individuals who have just graduated, will also be considered.
• You have a track record of managing projects, both when it comes to tasks, people and finances.
• You are a great networker and love engaging with people at all levels.
• You are great at starting up projects and tasks and equally great at finishing things successfully. You have experience with communicating with higher-level executives
• Ideally you are fluent in Danish – and business level proficient in English – both speaking and writing.
• Chinese language skills is a big plus
• You thrive working in a small organization with flexible hours and independence
• You want to live and work in Beijing, China, and ideally are familiar with Chinese culture
• According to the regulations on foreign NGO’s operating in China, you must be a foreign passport holder. Preference will be given to Danish and Scandinavian applications.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 15th, 2020. For questions regarding the position please contact Mads Vesterager Nielsen (email@example.com, +86 156 1107 9211).
What is DCCC?
The DCCC is a non-profit and non-Government affiliated organization of Danish businesses in China. Members comprise about 70 Danish companies within a wide range of industries as well as individual members and partners – visit our website www.dccc.com.cn for more info. The objectives of the Danish Chamber of Commerce in China are to promote study and advance commercial relations, investments and trade between Denmark and China. This is achieved through regular member events/workshops and by engaging Chinese and Danish public stakeholders and business organizations on matters relevant to Danish companies in China. DCCC are also the facilitator of various social events for the Danish community in China.