The DCCC is looking for a new Head of Secretariat
The Board of the Danish Chamber of Commerce in China (DCCC) is looking for a new Head of Secretariat as our current Head of Secretariat is leaving Beijing by the end of December 2017.
Together with the DCCC Board, the Head of Secretariat is responsible for delivering value adding services to our members. You must be passionate about planning and executing quality events, and must thrive with being in dialogue with Danish companies in China. You will be leading the DCCC Beijing office, including other DCCC employees and interns. The structure and composition of the board can be seen at http://beijing.dccc.com.cn/
Tasks will include (not be limited to):
- Events: You will plan and execute business/social events relevant to our members. Specific targets and requirements will be agreed with the Board. DCCC hosts approximately 40-60 events per year.
- Members: You will handle daily communication with DCCC members, hereunder ensuring that feedback is obtained from members and analyzed to continuously develop DCCC’s value proposition towards members.
- Recruitment of members and partners: You will be responsible for preparing and executing plans to ensure DCCC’s services are aligned with the interests of the segments/groups of members/partners (both existing and new). You will also be responsible for planning and executing sales calls and visits.
- Marketing: You will be the primary responsible person for promoting DCCC activities to DCCC members and potential members on different platform such as via email, WeChat, LinkedIn and webpage. Tasks include reviewing DCCC’s ability to effectively reach members and develop effective tools for doing so.
- Other networks: You must lead the development of other DCCC networks relevant for the Danish community and businesses
- You will be drafting DCCC Board meeting agendas, meeting material and minutes
The secretariat is normally open Monday to Friday, from 09.00 to 16.00 – and closed in July, during Chinese national holidays, and normally also two weeks around Christmas.
The positions as Head of Secretariat is a full-time position, but as a major part of the position is focused on event management you will have to responsibly coordinate your own work calendar in order to best meet the different tasks involved.
- You are proactive, self-driven, organized, service-minded and outgoing with an eye for details
- You are passionate about creating value for Danish companies in China by setting up events, networks, and training sessions in dialogue with companies and authorities
- Ideally you have a minimum of two years work experience - could be from sales, marketing, hospitality, business development or similar functions
- You have experience with communicating with higher level executives
- You are capable in Danish – and very good in English – both speaking and writing
- You thrive working in a small organization with flexible hours and independence
- Chinese language skills will be a plus
- Ideally you are familiar with Chinese culture and wants to live and work in China
- According to the regulations on foreign NGO’s operating in China you must be a Danish citizen
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV, and some basic information about your motivation for applying the position to email@example.com before September 11th, 2017.
For questions regarding the position please contact Freya Hvass (firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 185 1119 7898).
What is DCCC?
The DCCC is a non-profit and non-Government affiliated organization of Danish businesses in China. Members comprise about 70 Danish companies within a wide range of industries as well as individual members and partners – visit our website www.dccc.com.cn for more info.
The objectives of the Danish Chamber of Commerce in China are to promote study and advance commercial relations, investments and trade between Denmark and China. This is achieved through regular member events/workshops and by engaging Chinese and Danish public stakeholders and business organizations on matters relevant to Danish companies in China. DCCC are also the facilitator of various social events for the Danish community in China.